A 5,000-year-old energy law
Basis of ancestral Chinese medicine
Each of the 5 elements is necessary for each other thus creating a dynamic called vital balance. When we see even slight imbalances appearing in our skin and hair, it means that this vital balance is being damaged.
The theory of the 5 elements subdivides everything that surrounds us and composes us into five large interdependent sets. A representation of the world celebrated for its beauty and simplicity.
Originally, the advent of the 5 elements stems from the interaction of the two great powers Yang and Yin of the universe: Heaven and Earth.
Heaven is a stimulating power which causes the Earth to transform, and which makes it possible to nourish and support biodiversity. Through the play of active forces, it emits a Yang energy which, by its growth and its cyclical decrease, defines four particular dynamisms that can be associated with the four seasons of the year.
In return, the Earth, Yin, represents a calm and passive force, a kind of stable pivot, which responds to this external power like clay under the sculptor's fingers.
Based on these observations, the theory of 5 elements symbolically describes five movements: four basic dynamisms plus the support which harmonizes them.
These five movements are called by the name of 5 elements:
Just like the nature which surrounds us and all that is alive, we undergo these variations of energies.
- Each element corresponds to vital organs of our body (influenced by these variations of energies), to important functions of our organism.
- Consequently, these variations of energies, of seasons, influence our health, our skin and our hair.
- 5 seasonal energies = 5 influences on our organs and our health.
- => 5 main categories of imbalances visible on our skin.
- In the law of 5 elements, nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed.
Let's discover these 5 energies, these 5 elements and their periods of influence:
- The WOOD element - Spring - from February 4 to April 17, 2019
- Offseason - The EARTH element - From April 18 TO May 5, 2019
- The FIRE element - Summer - May 6 to July 2O 2019
- The EARTH element - The end of summer - July 21 to August 7, 2019
- The METAL element - Autumn - from August 8 to October 20, 2019
- Off-season - The EARTH element - from October 21 to November 7, 2019
- The WATER element - Winter - from November 8, 2019 to January 16, 2020
- Offseason - The EARTH element - from January 17, 2020 to February 3, 2020
Why is Laboratoire Géomer innovating, surprising and pioneering?
- Because we have chosen to associate this law of 5 elements, 5 fundamental processes, with our cosmetics.
- The theory of 5 elements is a real analytical grid that can be applied to all phenomena related to life on Earth. It allows to classify the dynamic components of this one.
- This theory, applied to cosmetics, makes it possible to provide natural solutions to aesthetic problems and imbalances.
- By adapting to it and drawing inspiration from it to create its range, Géomer makes a point of offering its customers cosmetic and hair products that allow everyone to maintain their vital balance (balance between the 5 elements) .
- And, consequently, to preserve the youthfulness of the skin as well as a full and healthy hair.
- Because she does things well, we follow the rules of nature.