1. The WOOD element:
The start of a cycle, the movement:
- In the law of 5 elements, the element WOOD represents the first movement.
- It is the force of activation and growth that asserts itself at the start of a cycle.
- It corresponds to the birth of Yang (see Yin and Yang).
- Wood is an active and voluntary force like the powerful and primitive force of plant life which germinates, grows, emerges from the ground and rises towards the light.
Correspondence with age:
- The Wood Element corresponds to the period of our life from 0 to around 15 years.
- Youth, anger etc.
The wood bends and straightens.
- This is the particularity of those who advance, who undertake, who dare to start and to move forward.
- The carelessness of beginners.
- The growing child, who has only one desire, to discover, to move forward.
- It is the general energy of the human being during the first 15 years of his life.
Organs related to the element Wood
This energy of the element Wood acts in us at the level of the liver and the gall bladder, causing variations of seborrhea on our skin and our scalp.
the WOOD element
is associated with the SPRING SEASON.